If you have similar tastes as I do, which I’m assuming you do if you regularly follow my blog, then you are going to want to make these Coconut Bluberry Muffins asap! I typically pair coconut with lime, but I was really craving something blueberry and the coconut seemed like it would taste good with blueberries, and it sure did!
My friend Yvonne from Tried and Tasty, actually did this post recently about using frozen blueberries to replace fresh blueberries in baked goods which is what inspired this post. It worked great, although I shoved a few extra frozen berries on top, without doing the simple trick, which is why they bled a little bit, but if you bite into one of these muffins, you will see a beautifully white muffin with polka dot blueberries. It’s a great trick, so go read how to do it!
You are going to love these muffins! They are just so summery and great to grab on the go for all those busy summer activities!
Recipe added 9/10/15. Also seen on Oh Sweet Basil.
Coconut Blueberry Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or prepared frozen blueberries <---- click here for the tutorial.
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 16 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, coconut extract, and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and coconut flakes. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until incorporated.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, saving a few to poke in the tops for a pretty look.
- Prepare streusel by combining ingredients in a bowl and mashing with a fork until crumbly.
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔ full with muffin batter. Poke any remaining blueberries in the tops for looks. Sprinkle the muffin tops with prepared streusel.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until browned on top and around the edges.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.