I “heart” a good scone & these scones are perfect to make ahead of time, so if you are doing a homemade Valentine’s date night dinner, these will keep you out of the kitchen & in the bedroom Valentine’s morning. (*wink, wink*) Prepare these the day before & surprise your loved one when you wake up with these ready bedside. They are the perfect little treat to start off your romantic day right!
Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries tossed in 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- red/pink sugar crystals
- white chocolate chips (1/2 cup or so to melt for drizzle on top)
- Preheat oven to 400*F. In a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt with the cold butter. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove mixture from food processor & place in a large bowl. Add chocolate chips & stir. Pour in ½ cup cream, & add eggs & vanilla. Combine until it starts to ball up.
- Empty contents of bowl onto a floured surface. Work dough into a disk. Sprinkle raspberries on top of disk & knead in the raspberries lightly, adding extra flour when necessary to help with sticking (you are trying to achieve a marbled look, so don't completely blend the raspberries.) You don't want your dough to stick to the counter, but you don't want to add so much flour it dries out; be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Reshape dough into a disk about 1-inch thick; may use a rolling pin if needed. Using a pastry brush, dust off any excess flour on the top of the dough. Using a cookie/biscuit cutter, cut scones into desired shape, dust the flour off the bottoms & place on a greased baking sheet. Piece scraps together carefully & keep cutting until all dough is used. (Don't overwork dough.)
- With your pastry brush, using the ¼ cup of heavy cream, brush the tops of the prepared scones & sprinkle with sugar crystals. Bake at 400*F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once scones have cooled slightly, melt extra chocolate chips in the microwave or your preferred method & drizzle on the top. Let chocolate harden before serving. (Or eat them warm & gooey!)
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.