It’s surprise recipe swap time again! This month I got to pick my recipe from Jennifer’s blog Jenmi Jenmi. Jennifer is a Dietetics Student who shares loads of healthy recipes to eat. You might be wondering how I found this recipe on her blog…I had to search kind of hard to find something for my sweet tooth, but I found this coffee cake & it’s a good one!
I seriously love coffee cake! And I think I have a slight obsession with adding sour cream to my cakes or breads. It just adds a level of moist, fluffiniess that you don’t get from anything else. So when I saw this recipe for Sour Cream Coffee Cake it had my name all over it! Sour cream, cake, & streusel. YES MA’AM! Enjoy!
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cream butter with sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, & sour cream. Scrape bowl.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt in another bowl. Slowly add to wet mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, prepare streusel by stirring all the dry ingredients. Add melted butter & mix well with a fork until combined & crumbly.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of a greased 13x9" pan. Sprinkle half of the streusel on top. Dollop the remaining cake batter on top of the streusel & spread it the best you can (the batter is thick.) Sprinkle remaining streusel over the cake.
- Bake at 350*F for 30-35 minutes.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe altered from Jenmi Jenmi