So Easter is coming up…okay in like 2 months, but I know many of you are going to have ham leftover, so this is me thinking ahead & planning some meals with your leftovers. I was so happy with how this dish turned out! Since I am a cheater & use Minute Rice, it’s so fast. Like 30 minutes start to finish. We gobbled it up! Plus, what’s not to love about a one pot meal? Enjoy!
Ham Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8oz diced ham (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups cooked rice (white or brown, I used brown minute rice)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed under warm water
- In a wok or large skillet, heat ½ Tbsp oil, add whisked eggs & season with salt & pepper. Scramble eggs until cooked. Remove eggs from pan & set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in the same pan. Add onion & garlic. Saute for 5 minutes. Add ham & heat until it starts to brown & crisp up. (Keep the heat medium-high.) Once ham is browning, add the cooked rice & fry it until it starts to brown.
- Add soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, & brown sugar. Stir. Add thawed peas & reserved scrambled eggs. Heat thoroughly & serve immediately.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.