Cherry Cheesecake Muddy Buddies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
I found some cherry morsels on sale in the baking aisle & knew I could make something yummy with them. I decided to make muddy buddies because I wanted something for my kids to munch on for Valentine’s Day this week. These are easy to pack in a school lunch or put in a ziplock baggie to give away to friends. Plus, who doesn’t love muddy buddies? I am really starting to love all the different variations you can make & I promise I will have more fun options like this in the future. I am just getting started!
- 1 (10oz) bag cherry morsels (found in the baking aisle especially during Christmas or at specialty stores)
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- 5 cups Chex cereal
- 1 (4oz) box cheesecake pudding mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a LARGE bowl, melt cherry morsels with shortening in the microwave on 50% power for 60 seconds at a time. Stirring & re-heating until melted.
- Add Chex cereal & fold with a spatula gently until cereal is well-coated.
- Combine cheesecake pudding mix & powdered sugar in a gallon size ziplock bag.
- Add coated cereal to the bag with the pudding/sugar mixture, zip shut & shake until evenly distributed. Enjoy!