Ham Fried Rice
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
So Easter is coming up…okay in like 2 months, but I know many of you are going to have ham leftover, so this is me thinking ahead & planning some meals with your leftovers. I was so happy with how this dish turned out! Since I am a cheater & use Minute Rice, it’s so fast. Like 30 minutes start to finish. We gobbled it up! Plus, what’s not to love about a one pot meal? Enjoy!
Ham Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz diced ham (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups cooked rice (white or brown, I used brown minute rice)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas (thawed under warm water)
- In a wok or large skillet, heat ½ Tbsp oil, add whisked eggs & season with salt & pepper. Scramble eggs until cooked. Remove eggs from pan & set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in the same pan. Add onion & garlic. Saute for 5 minutes. Add ham & heat until it starts to brown & crisp up. (Keep the heat medium-high.) Once ham is browning, add the cooked rice & fry it until it starts to brown.
- Add soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, & brown sugar. Stir. Add thawed peas & reserved scrambled eggs. Heat thoroughly & serve immediately.
9 Comments on “Ham Fried Rice”
Pingback: Over 40 recipes using Leftover Ham - Julie's Eats & Treats
This looks so good and it seems easy too! Can’t wait to try it! 🙂
Minute rice is my lifesaver sometimes!
This is a great recipe!
Thank you! Glad you liked it!
I made Asian Lettuce Wraps for dinner tonight. I made extra rice so I can have fried rice later this week. I’ll try your recipe. Looks yummy.
This looks great!
I would love for you to link up at the Empty Your Archive party which has favourite rice recipes as one of it’s themes this week – Alice @ Mums Make Lists x
I made it! Not exactly, but your recipe definitely made it happen! 🙂 Thanks Amber! http://www.housewivesofriverton.com/2013/03/chicken-fried-rice.html
My husband has been begging me to make fried rice! I’m totally going to use this recipe…it looks amazing!! 🙂