Oh my heavens this cake is moist! Like heavenly moist & delicious! I was a little nervous that it was just pumpkin without any pumpkin pie spice added to it, but it doesn't need it. It's so sweetly pure & delicious. It practically melts in your mouth because it's so moist & it's incredibly hard to just eat one piece. Hooray for Fall & pumpkin baking! This recipe is a keeper!
You need to make this now...like YESTERDAY! But make sure you can share it with friends because it makes a lot & it's frowned upon if you eat the whole sheet cake to yourself. :)
Pumpkin Vanilla Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake
Recipe from Picky Palate & re-written by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 1 (15.25oz) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4) oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 8 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350˚F & spray a half sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, milk, sour cream & pumpkin into a stand mixer. Beat well until combined; about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan & spread evenly with a spatula.
- Melt butter in the microwave, about 30-40 seconds. Add the brown sugar & cinnamon, stir until combined. Drizzle over cake batter. Use a knife to create a marbled look by swirling back & forth through the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through then remove from oven. Combine powdered sugar & milk into a bowl & stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Makes 24 squares.