Don’t be alarmed that this post has raw cookie dough in it! It’s eggless, so it’s safe to eat; not that having eggs in MY cookie dough stops ME from eating the batter, but then you don’t have to stress out about it if you plan on sharing these with friends!
When it’s your turn to bring the treat to the party or you need something to give away to the neighbors for the holidays, you’ll be the talk of the town with these Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites!
They’re easy to prepare, pretty to look at, and sure to be gobbled up by those whom you share with!
My favorite part is that they are salty and sweet! One of my favorite combos! The cookie dough is great to use in homemade ice cream or eating from a spoon as well. You know you do it too! Haha. Here’s a photo of the step-by-step process:
Are you as excited to make these as I am to post about them?! Enjoy my friends!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 50 to 60 pretzels
- 8oz chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp coconut oil or shortening (for thinning the chocolate)
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar together on medium speed until light and creamy. Add the milk and vanilla. Mix. Add the flour and salt all at once and slowly mix until everything is moist. Add the mini chocolate chips. Mix.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 1½ to 2 teaspoons of dough per sandwich depending on desired size. Sandwich balls between two pretzels and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the pretzel bites are chilling, melt with the chocolate and coconut oil or shortening for about 1 minute in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the pretzel bites halfway into the melted chocolate and place bites back on baking sheet. Refrigerate the dipped bites for at least 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Cover and store pretzel bites in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.