Who doesn’t love warm, gooey, chewy caramel popcorn to munch on? Enough said.
Chewy Caramel Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped
- 1/2 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- Air pop or microwave kernels in a paper sack (do ¼ cup at a time to prevent burning, re-using same paper sack) or air popper. Pick out the un-popped kernels. Put freshly popped corn in a LARGE bowl (or two smaller bowls) with extra room to stir in caramel later.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, corn syrup & butter in a saucepan. Let boil for 2½ minutes stirring constantly. Pour over popcorn. Stir until coated (BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN YOURSELF WITH THE HOT CARAMEL!). Enjoy warm! Store any leftovers in a ziplock bag.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.