One thing I love about fall is being able to use my slow cooker for dinners and this Mustard BBQ Pulled Pork, is AH-MAZING! You basically let your meat cook all day in some broth and a few seasonings. Then you remove it, shred it, and whip up this sauce. So easy right? Pair that with some of my favorite Rhodes dinner rolls and you have an easy dinner!
Let’s talk about this Mustard BBQ Sauce for a minute because it’s the star of the show! Don’t let the mustard throw you off! It’s basically regular BBQ sauce made with mustard instead of ketchup, but the mustard really gives it a kick/tang that the ketchup just doesn’t.
We just loved this Mustard BBQ Pulled Pork! The leftovers are great for quesadillas! The sauce is pretty mild, but you can play with the hot sauce to increase the heat as much as you like! The little sliders I made with Rhodes Rolls would be great for football food too! Enjoy!
Mustard BBQ Pulled Pork
- 3 lbs pork sirloin roast
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp Morton's Nature's Seasons (or you can go simple with salt and pepper)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
Mustard BBQ Sauce (1 1/2 cups or 12 oz):
- 3/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire
- 1 1/2 tsp Tapatio or Tobasco
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Lightly grease the inside of a slow cooker. Place pork roast and broth inside. Sprinkle seasonings over the pork.
- Cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours; until meat is cooked through and shreddable.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and shred. Drain liquid through a mesh sieve into a bowl and SAVE at least 1 cup of the liquid.
- Place shredded meat back in the slow cooker and add enough of the saved liquid to keep the meat moist but not drippy; about 1 to 1½ cups.
- Whisk ingredients for the mustard bbq sauce. Taste and adjust to desired heat with additional Tapatio. Pour sauce over shredded meat, mix, and let warm in the slow cooker for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on rolls or inside quesadillas.