Blueberry Bread Pudding with Lemon Glaze
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
I am super excited to be partnering with Rhodes today. I mean who hasn’t tried & loved their frozen dough products?
Today I am sharing this sweet & slightly tangy blueberry bread pudding. It’s so moist & fruity with just the right amount of tang from the lemon glaze. Don’t give up on summer flavors just yet! Fall needs to wait it’s turn!
- 12 Rhodes dinner rolls, baked according to the package directions
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- a dash of salt
- 10 oz bag of frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- zest & juice from 1 large lemon
- Rhodes dinner rolls baked according to the package directions.
- Cut into approximately 1" cubes. (You can cover the cubes & allow them to stale a bit overnight if you like.)
- In a large bowl, whisk 1 cup heavy cream, 1 cup whole milk, ½ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 3 large eggs, & a dash of salt. Add the bread cubes to the bowl & allow them to soak & absorb that liquid for 10-15 minutes.
- While your bread is soaking, put a 10-oz bag of frozen blueberries, ¼ cup sugar, & 3 Tablespoons cornstarch in a bowl. Zap it in the microwave for 1 minute to slightly thaw the blueberries. Stir/fold the berries gently.
- In a greased 13x9" pan, layer half of the soaked bread cubes, then top that with all of the blueberries, & lastly, dollop the remaining half of the soaked bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes until browned on top & the custard is set.
- Meanwhile, put 1½ cups powdered sugar in a bowl, zest & juice 1 large lemon & add it to the bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour glaze over the slightly cooled bread pudding.
- Serve warm!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g