Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
These easy Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks are loaded with garlic, cheese, and herbs for a great tasting breadstick to enjoy for pizza night. Also delicious dipped in marinara sauce!
We have homemade pizza night typically once a week. With store-bought frozen dough, it’s super easy to throw together and everyone loves pizza. Right?!
Wrong. Well, kind of. My kids hate pizza with red sauce. Haha. It’s kind of ridiculous. So if I’m being really nice, I’ll make these Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks for them instead. There’s no “sauce” and lots of cheese, so they gobble it up real quick!
I’ll thaw one loaf of Rhodes White Bread, roll it out on a pizza pan, brush it with garlic butter, sprinkle some herbs, top it with cheese, bake, and voila! Yummy breadsticks that everyone truly loves!
This Cheesy Garlic Bread tastes a lot like Papa Murphy’s, and we LOVE that bread, but I like to make things at home, so this is our homemade substitute. I promise you, it will get eaten fast, so maybe make extra.
Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
- 1 Loaf Rhodes White Bread, thawed*
- 2 Tbsp butter, salted or unsalted, melted (alternately use olive oil)
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- *Place frozen dough on a greased pizza pan. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let thaw at room temperature for 4-5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the thawed bread into a large circle on your pizza pan. (*See TIP below before proceeding.)
- Combine the melted butter and minced garlic. Brush over the pizza.
- Combine the salt, garlic powder, parsley, basil, oregano, and parmesan. Sprinkle over the butter layer.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Let rest for 15-30 minutes, to rise a little bit.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes or until crust and cheese is brown.
- Cool slightly, then cut into long, thin strips and then cut halfway across the middle for breadstick pieces.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.