Lemon Raspberry Crumb Bars
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Lemon Raspberry Crumb Bars have a creamy and tangy-sweet filling sandwiched between a brown sugar and oat crust that doubles as the crumb topping. These dessert bars are to die for!
If you’ve been reading my blog over the years, you know that I’m a citrus fan. Lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit, you name it — I love it! So naturally, when I’m craving dessert, I turn to my tangy citrus favorites for inspiration!
This recipe for Lemon Raspberry Crumb Bars is a mash-up of a super old recipe on my blog for lemon cream crumb bars that needed some minor tweaking. And for fun, I added my favorite fruit — raspberries!
My old recipe for lemon cream crumb bars was good, but the streusel was a little bit dry and loose. So I added more butter to get it to hold together better and that did the trick. I wanted the filling to be a bit more firm as well, so I added an egg yolk, like you would for key lime pie, and it worked beautifully!
Now that everything is perfected, I’m excited to share this recipe for Lemon Raspberry Crumb Bars with you. The pop of sweet raspberries in the creamy and tangy lemon filling is delicious! These bars are sweet, tangy, and totally addicting!
- 3/4 cup butter, salted or unsalted, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 3 or 4 lemons)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the crust/topping ingredients: butter, brown sugar, oats, flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix until there are no butter chunks and the mixture is starting to clump together.
- Press 3/4 of the mixture on the bottom of a lightly greased 8x11-inch (not 9x13-inch) pan. (Optional: Line pan with parchment paper sticking out of the sides to easily lift the bars out of the pan after they are baked.)
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and egg yolk. Spread onto the bottom layer of the crumb mixture.
- Toss raspberries with the flour and granulated sugar. Mash lightly with a fork, keeping some fruit intact, and dollop berries into the lemon filling.
- Crumble the remaining crust mixture over the top of the lemon raspberry filling.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust browns and center of the filling is set. (Check with a toothpick.) Cover with foil if browning occurs before filling is set.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before cutting and serving. Keep leftovers covered and refrigerated.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g