I think I am in heaven with these bars! I am obviously a citrus fan, if you haven’t seen my several posts using limes, & grapefruit & such. So these, bars are right up my alley. My muffins always have streusel on them too, which is another bonus with these bars. CRUMBS! And lots of them! Crumbly, creamy, dreamy bars! This one is a keeper!
Lemon Cream Crumb Bars
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup oats
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Cream butter & sugar.
- Sift flour, salt, & baking powder.
- Add oats & flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture & combine. Make sure there are no butter chunks.
- Press ½-3/4 mixture on the bottom of an 8x11 (not 9x13) pan (there is a TON of crumb mixture, so I would recommend more than half pressed on the bottom b/c it gets messy with a lot on the top.)
- Mix together the condensed milk, lemon juice, & zest. Spread onto the bottom layer of the crumb mixture.
- Knead the remaining crumb mixture with hands, & crumble on the top of the lemon layer, but don't press down or you can ruin your lemon filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow pan to rest for 30 minutes before cutting/serving. Delicious served cold from the fridge!