Mint Oreo Cheesecake Bars
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Mint Oreo Cheesecake Bars – a dessert for the mint chocolate lovers. With a mint Oreo crust, and a cool and creamy mint cheesecake loaded with extra chunks of mint Oreos throughout.
I’m a huge fan of Oreo desserts. It’s my favorite packaged cookie. I’ve made homemade versions because I love it so much.
My Homemade Mint Oreos are made with a simple mint buttercream sandwiched between crisp, yet tender, dark chocolate cookies.
My original Homemade Oreos are made with soft, fudgy (brownie-like) chocolate cookies stuffed with a vanilla cream filling. But also tastes really good with my cream cheese frosting in the middle. They’re a little less classic than packaged Oreos, because they are soft, but they aren’t cakey like whoopie pies.
MINT OREO CHEESECAKE BARS
Good old store-bought Oreo cookies make a great base for recipes like these Mint Oreo Cheesecake Bars.
My daughter is obsessed with mint chocolate so I went all out. This dessert has a mint Oreo crust, and mint cheesecake filling with extra mint Oreo cookie chunks mixed in.
The result was a cool, creamy, chocolatey dessert that disappeared super fast at our house. I love the green for St. Patrick’s Day too.
If you’re a fan of mint chocolate desserts, check out these other recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream – No ice cream maker required for this no churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. It’s creamy, with just the right amount of mint. Use Andes mint chips for extra mint flavor, or keep it classic with mini chocolate chips.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – soft, chewy, and chocolatey, with just the right amount of mint!
- Mint Brownies – Grab your favorite boxed mix of brownies, and whip up a quick mint and chocolate frosting for this easy dessert.
- Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies – An easy chocolate cookie studded with creamy mint chips.
- 1lb 4oz (Family Size) package Mint Oreo Cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- green food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 13x9-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides.
- Place 26 mint Oreos in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add the melted butter and stir until crumbs are evenly coated. Press into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes and transfer to a cooking rack.
- Roughly chop the remaining mint Oreos. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat the cream cheese on medium speed. Once smooth and creamy, add the sugar and blend well. Scrape bowl.
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, mint, and salt. Scrape bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add a drop of green food coloring, if desired, mix until incorporated.
- Fold in half of the chopped mint Oreos. Pour cream cheese mixture over crust, and spread evenly in the pan. Sprinkle remaining chopped Oreos on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until filling is slightly wobbly in the middle and set on the outside. Transfer to a cooling rack for 1 hour. Then chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Remove cheesecake from pan by lifting the parchment paper overhang. Cut into squares and serve.