This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
One of the easiest green treats to make for St. Patrick’s Day has got to be these mint brownies. Kids love bright colored desserts too, so the minty green icing will be so fun for your children to munch on. If you have a favorite boxed brownie mix, use that, or you can use my favorite homemade brownies recipe. Now, I hope you are not turned off by the layer of icing that is thicker than the brownie. Apparently I didn’t spread my brownie batter very evenly across the pan and I typically don’t put that much mint icing on my brownies, but it looks so pretty!!! These got gobbled up all the same, so it doesn’t matter.
My main reason for sharing these is so that I can show you how to do the pretty bakery swirl icing that you see in the pictures, but that post isn’t going live until Thursday, so hang tight! In the meantime, whip up a batch of these mint brownies and share them with your friends!
- 1 box family size brownie mix (for a 13x9" pan)
- Ingredients for brownies listed on the box
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- Wilton Leaf Green Food Coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix & bake brownies according to directions on the box. Allow to cool completely.
- To make mint icing: Place butter into a medium sized bowl. With a hand mixer, cream butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, milk, mint extract and a little bit of green food coloring (a little goes a long way and you don't want a green mouth.) Mix until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- For the chocolate icing: Microwave chocolate chips, milk, butter, and vanilla in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl for 30 to 40 seconds. Whisk mixture to make sure all chocolate chips have melted. Whisk in powdered sugar. Immediately pour warm chocolate icing over the mint icing and spread with a spatula.
- Place brownies in the fridge or freezer until chocolate icing is firm, about 15 to 30 minutes. Cut and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g