This no churn Easy Coconut Lime Ice Cream is creamy, sweet, tangy, and perfectly tropical. Add soda for an amazing ice cream float! No ice cream maker needed!
As March draws near, I typically go crazy sharing “green” recipes for St. Patrick’s Day, which usually equates to lime recipes because I’m a lime fanatic! I love limes in desserts, soda, water, you name it! So today’s recipe is for Coconut Lime Ice Cream!
I’ve made this coconut ice cream before without the lime and it’s really good that way, but I wanted to try it with the addition of lime because I love that flavor combination. I think I like it even better with the lime, but you really can’t go wrong either way!
This coconut lime ice cream is super easy to make because you don’t need an ice cream maker! You whip heavy cream to stiff peaks and add a few ingredients to sweeten and flavor it. Then you put it in a container to freeze and you have ice cream! Super easy!
We like to use this coconut lime ice cream for ice cream floats. We usually use Coke or Pepsi, but feel free to try whatever soda you think would be good. You’re going to love this coconut lime ice cream! Check out the video below to see just how easy it is to make!
Easy Coconut Lime Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 (15oz) can Cream of Coconut (NOT coconut milk or coconut cream -- I use Coco Lopez or Coco Real -- find it by the alcoholic mixers)
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream with the lime zest until stiff peaks, about 3½ minutes on high speed.
- Fold in the lime juice, cream of coconut, and coconut extract until mixed well. (Microwave the cream of coconut in a bowl for 10-15 seconds if it's too solidified, but not so long that it gets hot and deflates the whipped cream. Whisking it separately helps too.)
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a 2-quart freezer safe container.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm; freezing overnight is best. Store in the freezer.
*Use this to make ice cream floats with Coke or Pepsi.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.