Coconut Cream Fruit Dip – This super easy 3-ingredient fruit dip is creamy and delicious paired with any fruit! A must for summer parties and potlucks, baby and bridal showers, or anytime!
I first tried this coconut cream fruit dip at a recipe swap one of my friends hosted. I was blown away by how simple and refreshing it is paired with the fruit and I’ve been addicted to it ever since!
It’s so easy to make with only three ingredients: cream of coconut, cream cheese, and whipped topping. If you’ve never heard of cream of coconut it is NOT simply coconut cream. It’s presweetened like sweetened condensed milk. Cream of coconut is used in piña coladas and is really good! My favorite brands are Coco Real or Coco Lopez.
This recipe makes a lot of coconut cream fruit dip! It’s great for parties of any kind and I can guarantee your friends will ask you for the recipe. Just print them a copy, or I’d love for you to send them to my blog!
I’ve updated this post a few times, but I’m sharing it like new today because it’s so good and I’ve made a recipe video to show you just how easy it is to make! Enjoy my friends! You will fall in love with this coconut cream fruit dip! I just know it! **5/18/15 – I’ve updated the recipe to the original amounts since posting half of the ingredients was confusing to so many.
- FULL RECIPE = party size (20+ servings)
- HALF RECIPE = snacking/family size (10 servings)
Want to get the cute serving tray that I have? Get it on Amazon.
Coconut Cream Fruit Dip
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1 (15oz) can cream of coconut (Not coconut milk or coconut cream! Find this in the aisle with the margarita mix & other mixers.)
- 1 (8oz) tub whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the cream of coconut until all lumps are gone.
- Add the whipped topping and mix again.
- Serve with fruit or graham crackers. Keep refrigerated.
- - TIP: Some readers have found beating the cream cheese first, then adding the cream of coconut helps to keep the lumps out. You can also try softening the cream cheese or using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
- - What is Cream of Coconut? It is coconut cream that has been presweetened, much like sweetened condensed milk. Find it in the aisle with the alcoholic mixers. Look for the Coco Lopez or Coco Real brands.
- - Not a fan of Cool Whip? Go ahead and whisk 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with ¼ cup of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form (easiest to do in a stand mixer).
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Pictures updated & post re-published 7/19/2017. Post originally published to my blog April 12, 2012.