Mac and Cheese Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Mac and Cheese Pizza combines two tasty dinners into one incredible meal. It’s so easy, the kids can make it! Top it with bacon for extra deliciousness!
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
My husband already has coworkers begging for this Mac and Cheese Pizza recipe, which is kind of funny because it’s so easy. That doesn’t take away from how delicious it is though!
You literally use store-bought dough for the crust, and whip up a batch of mac and cheese. (Homemade, boxed, or noodles and a jar of sauce.) Top it with real bacon bits and extra cheese, and voila! Mac and Cheese Pizza!
I love the addition of the bacon on this mac and cheese pizza because it adds a nice meaty, salty taste to cut through some of that thick and creamy, pasta and cheese.
My two older kids are already begging to make this again and I can’t complain. It’s easy enough for them to make, with a little supervision. They are only 7 and 5 after all.
What’s not to love? Carbs on top of carbs! AND BACON! This is heaven on a plate! The part I love the most is that the crust tastes homemade because it’s fresh, but it’s not. It’s Rhodes bread! Thaw it in the fridge overnight and it’s ready to use for dinner the next day! Enjoy my friends!
Mac and Cheese Pizza
- 1 loaf Rhodes White Bread, thawed and slightly risen
- 8 oz (1/2 a box) elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 (14.5oz) jar cheese sauce (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits (about 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled - The pre-cooked microwave bacon works great.)
- Place 1 loaf of Rhodes White Bread on a pizza pan that has been lightly greased with cooking spray. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap until thawed and slightly risen; about 5 hours. TIP: If you keep the bread covered with sprayed plastic wrap overnight in the refrigerator, it's ready to go the next day.
- Boil pasta according to box instructions for the longest amount of time stated. (Mine said 9-11 minutes so we did 11 minutes. This helps the pasta from being crunchy after it's baked.) Drain the water and add all of the cheese sauce to the pasta except for ½ cup. (Save that for the pizza sauce.) Keep pasta warm/covered.
- Roll the bread into a large circle on the pizza pan. Use a fork to poke holes all over the crust. (This helps bubbles from forming.)
- Bake in a preheated 425 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes. Edges should be just starting to brown.
- Top with the reserved cheese sauce and half of the cheese (1/2 cup). Then top with the prepared mac and cheese. Sprinkle with bacon and the remaining (1/2 cup) cheese.
- Return pizza to oven and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and crust is brown. Cut and serve while warm. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
2 Comments on “Mac and Cheese Pizza”
This looks delightful, Amber. This is a great idea and such great comfort food.
Thanks Teresa! It really is great comfort food!