I think I have mentioned before, that I usually don’t do very many big breakfasts. I save those for holidays, or when we have company over for sake of saving my calories (you may not think I watch what I eat, based on what I put on this blog, but you are wrong.) Well, we had my in-laws come visit us from California & we like to go all out when we cook for them. We made these for breakfast one of the days they were here & oh my gosh they are out of this world! I was on cloud nine eating these puffy pastries. Obviously anything with Nutella is just amazing, & I am pretty sure most people who have tried Nutella know that it’s one of the world’s seven wonders (& if you haven’t tried Nutella you are freaking psycho & need to head the the store now & buy some…it’s by the peanut butter.) I tried not to think of all the calories when I ate these, but even so, they are worth every bite! Creamy, chocolatey, crispy crust. Mmmmm!
Cheesecake Nutella Twists
- 2 cans refrigerated reduced fat crescent rolls
- 8 oz pkg neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Nutella
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar & egg, until smooth & creamy. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent rolls & separate into triangles. Press two triangles together to form a rectangle. (Next time I am using my mini rolling pin & really rolling the triangles together so the seams stay closed.)
- Spoon a large tablespoon of Nutella down the right side of the center. Spoon a large tablespoon of cheesecake filling down the left side of the center. Fold the edges of the rolls over the filling. Press seams together at the middle & the ends. Flip roll over so that the seam is underneath. Repeat with all rolls.
- Gently twist the rolls. Press together any seams that come undone. (To be honest, my rolls, were far from perfect! I had filling oozing out all over the place & I was getting frustrated trying to pinch the seams, but it really didn't make a huge difference once everything was cooked. They didn't look horrible, & they tasted amazing anyway.)
- Bake at 375*F for 10-11 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, or don't let them cool & eat them warm & gooey from the oven. Refrigerate leftovers.
- *Optional: in a zip-top bag, spoon a Tbsp or two of Nutella; cut off a corner & squeeze a zig-zag of chocolatey goodness over the tops to make your breakfast pastries look fancy. You can never have enough Nutella 🙂