Easy Caramel Pecan Rolls + Video
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
These easy caramel pecan rolls are so sticky, gooey, and delicious. They’re made with frozen cinnamon rolls so half the work is done for you! Perfect for holidays or weekends.
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it’s hard to find time for ALL the baking, but you don’t want to miss out on some of your favorites like these easy caramel pecan rolls.
Luckily there is a shortcut called Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls. Real yeast cinnamon rolls beat out anything in a can. They taste homemade and all you have to do is open the package, thaw, rise, and bake.
If you’re in a real hurry, you can use Rhodes AnyTime Cinnamon Rolls and skip the thawing and rising part.
If baking from scratch is your thing, you can make my favorite homemade cinnamon rolls combined with the caramel pecan recipe below.
Easy Caramel Pecan Rolls
For these EASY caramel pecan rolls, you’ll need 12 Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls.
First you’ll make a quick and simple caramel sauce with butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. No candy thermometer needed. Pour caramel mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan.
Sprinkle with toasted (or un-toasted) pecans. Toasting the pecans does bring out the flavor of the nuts more, but isn’t required.
Lastly, place the frozen cinnamon rolls on top and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Allow rolls to rise until double in size, then bake.
Bake the rolls until a deep golden brown color to ensure the bread is fully baked, and to deepen the flavor of caramel sauce. As a rule of thumb, the bread dough should be 190-200˚F when baked fully through.
Immediately, and carefully, invert these easy caramel pecan rolls onto a serving plate. Don’t have one big enough? I used 15″ parchment paper on top of a cooling rack for stability.
Make Ahead Overnight
These caramel pecan rolls are easy to make ahead of time and will thaw and rise overnight in the refrigerator, so you can bake them the next morning.
Simply prepare them as instructed but cover and refrigerate, instead of allowing them to rise at room temperature.
Love Rhodes bread as much as I do? Here are some more easy holiday recipes using frozen dough:
Easy Caramel Pecan Rolls
These easy caramel pecan rolls are so sticky, gooey, and delicious.
- 1 1/4 cups pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 12 Rhodes Frozen Cinnamon Rolls
- Chop pecans. Lightly toast in a skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until fragrant, if desired. Remove from heat and empty nuts into a heat-safe bowl. Set aside. (Toasting the pecans is optional, but recommended.)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Careful, it will bubble up. Spread evenly in a 13x9-inch baking pan. Top evenly with chopped pecans.
- Place Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls on top of the caramel pecan mixture in rows 3x4. Cover with plastic wrap that has been lightly greased with cooking spray. Allow rolls to rise until double in size at room temperature; about 2-3 hours depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350˚F for 30-40 minutes, until rolls are a deep golden brown color on top. The temperature of the dough in the center rolls should be 190-200˚F.
- Immediately, and CAREFULLY, invert the caramel pecan rolls onto a serving plate. Don’t have one big enough? I used 15" parchment paper on top of a cooling rack. Enjoy warm.
*TO BAKE IMMEDIATELY: Use Rhodes AnyTime® Cinnamon Rolls instead of Rhodes "Thaw, Rise & Bake™" Cinnamon Rolls. (No need to thaw and rise AnyTime® rolls first.)
*MAKE AHEAD/OVERNIGHT: To make rolls ahead/overnight, prepare through step 3, but place rolls immediately into refrigerator overnight to rise. Remove from fridge in morning. Make sure dough is double in size. You may need to let the product continue to rise slightly at room temperature. In the meantime, preheat your oven. Then bake as directed.
*Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature. Nuke rolls individually for 15 seconds in the microwave to reheat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
4 Comments on “Easy Caramel Pecan Rolls + Video”
This was the perfect Christmas morning treat! They came out of the pan looking and tasting amazing!
I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe Heidi! Thanks for your comment!
Thanks! I’m super happy with how these look and taste!