An easy and delicious baked French Toast bursting with strawberries and cream cheese. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
Hey everyone, it’s Kelly from Life Made Sweeter again! I’m here today to share a sweet breakfast treat that you can whip up just in time for Mother’s Day or any other special weekend. This Overnight Strawberry and Cream Cheese French Toast Bake is so simple and couldn’t be easier to make. All you have to do is gather up the ingredients the night before, park the dish in the fridge, and when you wake up the next morning, pop the dish into the oven and bake away!
I made this in a pretty red 9-inch pie pan but you can totally use a 9×9-inch square pan.
It’s made with sweet juicy strawberries layered between a soft and creamy filling. Then we generously sprinkle over some brown sugar streusel and add a final layer of more lovely strawberries. When you’re ready to serve, top it off with your favorite syrup, a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of powdered sugar to make it extra special. It’s super delicious and is sure to win over everyone in your family. Plus, it’s simple enough that even dads and kiddos can make this either tonight for Mother’s Day tomorrow or the night before you plan to bake it. Being a mom myself, I know this would completely light up my day if I woke up to this decadent treat for breakfast in the morning. With only a minimal amount of work the night before, it makes the perfect treat to make any weekend special ♥
Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
- 1 large loaf of French bread, sourdough bread, or challah (day old bread works best), cut into 1-inch cubes with the ends discarded
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- maple syrup
- fresh strawberries
- other fresh fruit
- whipped cream
- powdered sugar
- Lightly grease a 9x9-inch square baking dish or 9-inch round pie pan. Arrange half of the bread cubes in the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cream cheese cubes and half of the strawberry slices evenly over the bread cubes.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a large bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour evenly over bread cubes. Press the bread cubes slightly down to absorb the milk/egg mixture.
- Make the streusel topping: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Cut in the cubed butter with a pastry blender or two forks. Sprinkle the topping over the soaked bread.
- Top evenly with the other half of the sliced strawberries. Cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, remove french toast from fridge. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Top with syrup and additional toppings if desired. Serve warm.
Adapted from Recipe Girl
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
You may also enjoy these from Life Made Sweeter: