Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
There’s something about fall and comfort food that just screams biscuits to me! It’s one of those easy breads you can have on the side of soup or any meal really. These Bacon Cheddar Biscuits would go great with my Loaded Baked Potato Soup, but they are also a great biscuit for breakfast sandwiches!
These biscuits whip up quickly since I used pre-cooked real bacon pieces, which are great for baked potatoes, salads, and in scrambled eggs too. I also got to use green onions from my garden! I love when I get to use food that I grow myself!
These bacon cheddar biscuits are crisp on the outside, tender on the inside and full of bacon and cheese goodness! Make them ASAP!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits (about 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion or chives, sliced
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender until pea size chunks.
- Fold in the cheese, bacon bits, and green onion.
- Add milk and mix until everything is wet.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 4 times, then flatten to a disc about ¾-inches thick. Flour your biscuit cutter, then cut biscuits and place them on a prepared baking sheet with pan spray or a silicone baking mat. Press dough scraps together without overworking the dough, and continue cutting biscuits until all the dough is used; this recipe yields 8 biscuits.
- Bake biscuits at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g