Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
There’s something about fall and comfort food that just screams biscuits to me! It’s one of those easy breads you can have on the side of soup or any meal really. These Bacon Cheddar Biscuits would go great with my Loaded Baked Potato Soup, but they are also a great biscuit for breakfast sandwiches!
These biscuits whip up quickly since I used pre-cooked real bacon pieces, which are great for baked potatoes, salads, and in scrambled eggs too. I also got to use green onions from my garden! I love when I get to use food that I grow myself!
These bacon cheddar biscuits are crisp on the outside, tender on the inside and full of bacon and cheese goodness! Make them ASAP!
Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits (about 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion or chives, sliced
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender until pea size chunks.
- Fold in the cheese, bacon bits, and green onion.
- Add milk and mix until everything is wet.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 4 times, then flatten to a disc about ¾-inches thick. Flour your biscuit cutter, then cut biscuits and place them on a prepared baking sheet with pan spray or a silicone baking mat. Press dough scraps together without overworking the dough, and continue cutting biscuits until all the dough is used; this recipe yields 8 biscuits.
- Bake biscuits at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
6 Comments on “Bacon Cheddar Biscuits”
Oh, my goodness, Amber, I made these tonight and they are so awesome. I’m somewhat of a biscuit aficionado. I love trying new biscuit recipes and this one was one of the BEST I’ve ever tasted. No kidding. I was looking for a biscuit recipe that wasn’t spicy (because I was making them for someone else), so I chose this one I had pinned on Pinterest a couple of months ago. I snuck two of them before sending off the other dozen to friends. Oh, my they were SOOO delicious. I tried them with coconut oil instead of shortening and loved them! Thanks so much for sharing.
Teresa! That is such great news! So glad to hear you liked them! I think bacon makes everything delicious! 😉
Yum, I am a sucker for biscuits 🙂 These look so incredible! Love the cheddar and bacon and totally love when you get to use your own garden herbs and veggies 🙂 These sound perfect – pinning 🙂
Me too! Thanks Kelly!
They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. I believe this is just the right pathway! Would love for you to link up with us at Merry Monday! http://wp.me/p4fJXd-YV
So true! That’s how I won over my love! 😉