*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
Need a hearty breakfast ready in 30 minutes or less? These Bacon and Egg Breakfast Boats are simply made with store bought mini-baguettes, real bacon bits, eggs, a little heavy cream, cheese, green onions and a little seasoning.
You pull out the bread to create the shell to bake the egg mixture in which makes it easy to eat on the go like a hot pocket, yet is still pretty enough for a fine dining brunch on a fancy plate.
We made our breakfast boats for dinner (or should I say brinner) and they were so delicious! Savory and filling! We loved them and so will you. I’m guest posting over at the Rhodes Bake-N-Serv blog today, so pop on over for the full step-by-step photo instructions and recipe. Enjoy!
Recipe added 5/26/16. For a step-by-step photo tutorial, visit the Rhodes Bake-N-Serv Blog.
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Boats
- 4 Rhodes Warm-N-Serv™ Mini Baguettes, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra cheese to sprinkle on top
- Cut top off baguettes and pull out bread to make a deep hallowed depression in each one.
- Mix all ingredients except extra cheese and pour equally into each of the 4 baguettes (the egg will bake up and fill the shell).
- Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle more cheese on top of hot baguettes. Serve warm.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.