Everyone’s gardens should be bursting with zucchini right now, so you are probably trying to find ways to use it up. I love zucchini! Some of my favorite ways to use it are in these two recipes: Pesto Chicken and Summer Squash Skewers and Easy Grilled Summer Vegetables and Sausage. Both of those recipes are super easy and go great with my Garlic Parmesan Orzo. YUM!
This Zucchini and Carrot Hash is a new favorite of ours! We’ve made it twice already! The shredded vegetables give it almost a pasta or rice texture, which makes it more desirable for my kids to eat. The carrots add a sweetness to it as well, so it’s not to “squash-y” (for the kids). With garlic and a little salt and pepper, you have a great side dish for any grilled meat! Side note: I’ve pretty much come to learn that garlic or garlic salt makes most vegetables tasty, if you (or your kids) are learning to like your veggies!
I hope you enjoy this new way to use up your zucchini squash!
Zucchini and Carrot Hash
- 1 Tbsp butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tsp)
- 2 carrots, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 zucchini, shredded (about 2 cups)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, heat butter or olive oil. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add shredded carrots and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add shredded zucchini and sauté for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.