**This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
Y’all know how much I love OREO cookies! I pretty much put them in everything and have them on hand in my house at all times! Today’s recipe is for classic OREO Cookie Balls, but I’ve made them festive by adding a Christmas tree on top!
OREO Cookie Balls only need only 3 things: OREO Cookies, cream cheese, and melted baking chocolate. That’s it! So I headed to Walmart to grab what I needed. (Check out this coupon for 50¢ off a package of OREOs at all those different OREO flavors! Really, you can use any flavor of OREO Cookies to create your own unique cookie balls for any season or occasion.
Since Christmas is coming up, I wanted to keep with the simplicity of the OREO Cookie Balls and use a simple decoration of a Christmas tree using green gel and a red candy coated chocolate piece for the top. Simple, right? You could also substitute green candy melts or mint chocolate chips melted and piped from a zip-top bag with the corner cut off, if you want it to set like the rest of the chocolate and not have to worry about smudging the gel.
If you’ve never made OREO Cookie Balls before, here is a quick step-by-step demo of the process. I crumbled my cookies in a food processor and then put them in a mixer with the cream cheese. Mix it up until it comes together. Scoop into balls, and freeze. Then dip in chocolate!
I bought two small tubes of the green gel to do this batch of OREO Cookie Balls. Here’s a demo of how to draw the Christmas trees on the balls. Keep these refrigerated, in an air-tight container, unstacked. Don’t put plastic wrap on top because it will rub off the gel.
Aren’t these cute?! Do you make OREO Cookie Balls? How do you like to decorate them? If you are a fan, be sure to check out the #OREOCookieBall Pinterest party taking place on Pinterest on Saturday, December 6 at 12pm ET.
Christmas Tree OREO Cookie Balls
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz.) each semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted*
- Green decorating gel (You will need 2 or more (0.67oz) tubes depending on how many balls you make; I only decorated 24 balls.)
- Red candy coated chocolate pieces or cinnamon candy
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy!
- Pipe a tree with the green decorating gel. Press a red candy coated chocolate piece or cinnamon candy into the gel at the top.
- Keep refrigerated, in an air-tight container, unstacked. Don’t put plastic wrap on top because it will rub off the gel.
*Substitute semi-sweet baking chocolate with 1 (12 oz.) bag of quality white chocolate chips, melted with 1 to 2 tsp of coconut oil or shortening for thinning
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.