I was watching Rachael Ray one morning & I don’t usually cook a lot of her meals. They are crazy caloric even though they look absolutely delicious, but this recipe is so close to one I do for my chicken enchiladas (I’ll have to do a separate post for that one later) that I knew they would be good. These did not disappoint. Normally, I am not a huge fan of eating globs of cheese, but the onion, chiles, & sour cream added nice texture to the enchiladas. My kids also devoured this dish, so it’s super kid friendly & you can easily add some chicken if you want to.
Cheese & Green Chili Enchiladas
- 3 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese (I actually used a mixture of colby jack & mild cheddar)
- 2-4 oz cans diced green chiles
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- small handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- Kosher Salt
- 8 taco size soft flour tortillas
- Combine cheese, chiles, sour cream, onion, garlic, cilantro, & cumin in a bowl. Mix together. Season with salt & pepper.
- Fill tortillas with some of the mixture & roll up. Place into a small rectangular dish that has been sprayed with pan coating. Repeat, saving ⅓-1/2 the mixture.
- Spread remaining mixture over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with a little extra cheese, if desired, & bake at 425*F for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly & brown on top.
- Serve with extra sour cream, salsa, or other toppings.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe from Rachael Ray