Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This is one of those recipes that most people who use a slow cooker already know, because it is so good & so simple. There are several spin off versions & this is the one we use & love.
You can also change the Italian flavors with a ranch packet, & it still tastes just as good. Serve on your choice of rice or pasta. Love this recipe!
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 8 oz pkg Neufchatel Cream Cheese
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 can of skim milk (use your soup can to measure this)
- 2 Tbsp of homemade Italian Seasoning Dressing Mix (*Recipe to follow)
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave until warm, & spreadable (1-2 minutes.) Combine cream cheese, cream of chicken soup & skim milk in a crockpot. Whisk until smooth.
- Add Italian Dressing Mix & then place chicken breasts into sauce covering chicken thoroughly. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve on rice or pasta (We like rice, but bowtie pasta is also very fun & delicious.)
- 2 Tbsp garlic salt or powder
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 4 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Store in a cool, dry place.