Cowboy Caviar + Video
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Cowboy Caviar is a chunky salsa-type dip with beans, avocado, tomatoes, corn and a zesty dressing. Great for picnics, potlucks, parties, or a game day snack!
It feels like forever since I have made a recipe and blogged it for you guys! I am super grateful for my sweet and talented friends who were able to guest post for me while I moved my blog over from blogger to wordpress.
Not only did they hold down the fort, they have made some incredibly delicious posts for you guys! This month of “Healthy Food, Healthy You” recipes is coming to a close, but there are still two more guest bloggers this week, so stay tuned for those!
Today I am sharing this recipe for Cowboy Caviar. If you have never tried Cowboy Caviar you have been missing out. The first time I tried it was actually from the deli of a grocery store I used to work at. I wasn’t a huge bean fan at the time, but oh man! I could not get enough of that Cowboy Caviar!
This is the perfect dip for your Super Bowl party coming up and is for sure to get gobbled up. It’s also incredibly easy to prepare, so that’s always a bonus! And as far as healthy, I mean, this dip is full of beans, vegetables, and is coated in a light Italian dressing. Way better than a cheesy dip or deep fried appetizer. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15oz) can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15oz) can corn, drained
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 or 3 medium avocados, diced
- 2 or 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup your favorite Light Italian Dressing
- Place the first 7 ingredients in a LARGE bowl. Squeeze lime juice over the diced avocados to help prevent browning.
- Pour Italian dressing over the entire mixture and toss lightly to coat. Serve chilled and keep refrigerated. *May need to toss the mixture occasionally to keep everything coated nicely. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Recipe altered from Butter With A Side Of Bread
*Video added 8/8/18.