It’s warming up here in Utah & that means it’s time to grill! Actually, we have grilled twice already. The first time was March 2nd, 2013. We could not wait to uncover our grill & fire it up! The snow has officially melted & it’s feeling like Spring, & on some days it even feels like Summer! This is my absolute favorite time of year. Spring is so cheery & beautiful & long Summer days make me happy.
Anyway, this slider bun can be used for hamburgers or other fun mini sandwiches. They are great for BBQ’s, potlucks, get-togethers or just for snacking! They have that yummy “Everything” topping that I love on my bagels & it’s just as good on these buns. I guess I should have pressed mine down a little harder because they look more like rolls instead of buns, but the dough is phenomenally soft & delicious! It might be my new roll dough go-to recipe! We loved it! Stick around for tomorrow’s recipe using these cute little buns! You won’t want to miss it!
Everything Slider Buns
For the burger buns:
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast (1 packet)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp oil (vegetable, canola, or olive plus more for greasing bowl)
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
For the Everything topping:
- 2 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Add warm water to the bowl of your mixer and stir in the yeast & sugar. Let sit 5 minutes, until frothy.
- Add the oil & 1 egg to the bowl. Add the flour and salt, mixing on medium-low speed with the hook until the dough holds together, about 2 minutes. The dough should clean the sides of the bowl. If not, add additional flour by the tablespoon.
- Increase speed to medium and knead the dough for 5 minutes. Then transfer the dough to a large bowl that has been lightly greased with oil. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 1 to 1½ hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough in half and then each half into 8 pieces. A kitchen scale makes this easy: 1.8oz for each slider bun.
- Roll into rounds and flatten with the palm of your hand onto the baking sheet; placing buns about ½ to 1 inch apart). Cover with a damp towel and let them rise for 20 minutes + oven preheating time. Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Everything topping in a small bowl. Whisk the remaining egg with 1 Tbsp water. Brush the buns with the egg wash and sprinkle all of the Everything topping over the buns.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Store leftovers in a zip-top bag at room temperature.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride & re-written using my own words.