Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti (+ more pasta recipes!)
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti has browned butter and garlic in its thick and creamy parmesan sauce, for a super flavorful pasta dinner that will have you licking the plate clean.
It’s National Pasta Day, which is probably the easiest food holiday to celebrate because I always have pasta in my pantry, but today, I actually made my own sauce! — Guilty! I buy jarred pasta sauce, but I really shouldn’t because this garlic parmesan sauce whips up so fast and is WAY better than anything you get in a jar!
This Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti is bursting with flavor because I browned the butter and minced garlic to make the flavors be bold, and it worked — big time! I don’t think I’ve ever had such a garlicky, cheesy, creamy, bold white sauce before in my life. And I made it at home! *Go me!*
I’m always a fan of white sauce over red. I just love cream and cheese, which is good and bad. Good for my mouth, bad for my waist. But let’s just forget about that and fall in love with this garlic parmesan spaghetti because it’s delicious.
Stop what you’re doing right now and make a quick trip to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients you need, so you can have this garlic parmesan spaghetti for dinner tonight! You won’t regret it!
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 7-8 cloves)
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (1 pint) half & half (or milk)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, chopped (optional)
- Boil salted water in a 3-quart pot. Add spaghetti and cook for about 7-8 minutes, until al dente.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add minced garlic. Cook until the both the butter and the garlic have just browned. Add the flour and cook another minute or two until nutty and fragrant.
- Slowly whisk in the half & half. Stir continuously until the mixture boils and thickens. Stir in parmesan cheese until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked and drained spaghetti noodles. Toss gently until sauce is distributed evenly. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g