Ham Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This hearty breakfast casserole is made with ham, eggs, cheese, and tender buttermilk biscuits. Make it ahead of time or bake it right away, for a breakfast ready when you are.
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
My kids love cold cereal and frozen waffles for breakfast, which makes it easy on me, but every now and then I love to make a nice hearty breakfast for us all. This breakfast casserole is full of all your favorite breakfast items (meat, eggs, cheese, biscuits) and it’s really easy to make.
The hardest part is waiting for it to bake. I prepped this breakfast casserole the night before, put it in the fridge, and then baked it first thing in the morning. It takes about 50 to 60 minutes to cook all the way through, but that gives me just the right amount of time to get the kids and myself ready for the day. That means we can have it for breakfast any day of the week. Even on a school morning!
Speaking of school. Can you believe that summer went by so fast! I love summer, but it is nice to be back on a schedule. I have a 2nd grader, kindergartener, and toddler, so I know that mornings can be crazy and hard to get everyone fed and out the door. If you want to try something that is like this casserole, but portable, you’ll have to check out my Breakfast Egg Cups.
You’ll definitely want to give this breakfast casserole a try! The buttermilk biscuits really bring out a flavor that is so comforting. It’s just homey goodness in every bite. I know you’re going to love it!
- 1 package Rhodes Buttermilk Biscuits (12 biscuits or 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cooked & diced ham (approximately 10 oz)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cut each biscuit in fourths and layer in the pan. It may help to let the biscuits thaw for 10 minutes before doing this step.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Whisk together until combined. Season with salt and pepper, set the bowl aside.
- Sprinkle the ham in the casserole dish with the biscuit pieces.
- Sprinkle the cheese into the dish with the ham and biscuits.
- Sprinkle in the sliced green onions. Gently mix the casserole ingredients for even distribution.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the casserole. Either cover the casserole and refrigerate overnight, or bake right away.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50-60 minutes until the center is puffed, top is browning, and the egg is cooked all the way.
- May substitute with 2 (10oz) cans refrigerated biscuits (20 small biscuits) or no more than 24oz total biscuit dough.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g