Summer is coming to a close & school is starting up soon, but there is still time to enjoy some more summer goodness! Just the word “cobbler” screams, “SUMMER!” to me! It makes me think of camping & bon fires & that makes me happy. This cobbler recipe is like none other. It’s two of my favorites combined into one: peach cobbler meets cheesecake batter. You heard me right… CHEESECAKE BATTER! What are you waiting for? Try this dessert for your next gathering. You won’t want to miss out!
Peaches & Cream Cobbler
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 (29oz) can peaches in natural juices
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cut the butter into the cake mix until crumbly. Then add ONE egg & mix until just combined. Reserve ½ cup of the crumble for the topping.
- Grease a 9x13" pan & press the remaining crumble into the bottom of the pan. Bake at 350*F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl with a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, remaining egg & vanilla.
- Drain peaches, cut into cubes & distribute evenly over the top of the cooked crust. Dollop cheesecake batter over the peaches & spread as evenly as you can. Sprinkle with remaining crumble & bake again for 30 minutes until crumble topping is browned & cheesecake is solid when the pan is shaken.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream & a dash of cinnamon.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe from Rachel Schultz & re-written in my own words.
This post was originally published at Pretty Providence on July 10th, 2013.