These brownies are fudgy with bits of chocolate chips, & just when you think it couldn’t get any better, it’s topped with a layer of creamy peanut butter frosting. This is one decadent brownie bite!
Peanut butter and chocolate is a favorite combination of mine and these brownies are ridiculously delicious! The frosting is almost like the center of the buckeye balls that you make for Christmas. You know! Like the centers of Reece’s peanut butter cups? Practically the same thing. These are so YUMMY!
Recipe added 9/10/15. Also seen on Pretty Providence.
Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
- 1 (18 to 19oz) box brownies (usually labeled as family size or for a 13×9″ pan)
- Ingredients for the brownies- Mine called for 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup vegetable oil, & 2 eggs.
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-3 tsp heavy cream
- Prepare box brownies according to directions on the label. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased square 8×8″ or 9×9″ pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Prepare frosting by beating powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter & vanilla in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment OR with a hand held mixer & large bowl. Add heavy cream 1 tsp at a time until a spreadable texture is achieved.
- Frost brownies once they are completely cooled. Cut into 1 to 2″ squares & serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.