This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
The holidays will be here before you know it and today I am participating in a blog hop for all things Thanksgiving food! I’m sharing the recipe for this incredible Raspberry Pie, and yesterday I provided the tutorial for the lattice crust and braided edge, so you are all set to impress your guests with your dessert this year!
Don’t forget to check out the other amazing holiday recipes at the bottom of this post. Here’s a picture to tease you of what’s been included in this blog hop:
I’m a sucker for fruit pies, but if you don’t read my blog regularly, then you don’t know that I hate using fresh fruit for them. Fresh fruit is for snacking, not baking, but if it’s going to go bad, or you have frozen fruit, THAT’S when you make a pie!
I bought a huge bag of frozen raspberries at Sam’s Club for this pie. It’s a better deal than purchasing fresh fruit for your pie, and it all bakes up the same anyway.
Plus, raspberries are my absolute FAVORITE! When I first started blogging I actually posted about a frozen mixed berry pie. Same concept! Frozen fruit can be made into pie any time of year, no matter the season!
I think the bright red of the raspberries is just perfect for the holidays! This pie is sure to get gobbled up and you won’t believe how easy it is to prepare the filling. It’s the crust that takes time making, but homemade is way better than store bought! Enjoy!
- 1 recipe Perfect Pie Crust (link in instructions below)
- 6 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar (add more if the berries are especially tart)
- 6 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg whisked, for brushing
- Extra sugar or sugar crystals, for sprinkling on top
- Prepare Perfect Pie Crust and divide dough in half. Roll out one half and fit it inside the pie dish, cutting off the excess crust.
Gently toss the raspberries with the sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Taste the berries and add more sugar and cornstarch if needed. (About 1 Tbsp of cornstarch for each 1/4 cup of extra sugar.) Empty the raspberries into the pie crust shell.
- Roll out the other half of the pie crust and cut 1-inch strips. Weave the strips into a lattice crust. Wet edge of bottom crust and press lattice strips into the edge of the bottom crust firmly. Cut off excess crust. Check out my Lattice Tutorial for step-by-step photo instructions on how to make a lattice top. Optionally, use extra crust to braid an edge for the crust. Attach with a little water, and press firmly to the edge of the bottom crust. (The steps for the braid are also in this tutorial.)
- Lightly brush the crust with a whisked egg and sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 to 75 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbling in the center; cover with foil if crust gets brown before filling bubbles. Allow pie to cool for the filling to gel.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Here are some other recipes you may want to include in your holiday menu:
Maple – Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage | Five Heart Home Turkey Tetrazzini w/ Mushrooms and Kale | The Fountain Ave Kitchen Orange Balsamic Glazed Ham | Cherished Bliss Turkey Soup | Carmel Moments Cranberry Stuffed Turkey | Thoughts from Alice
Cauliflower Gratin | Love Grows Wild Creamy Cheese Corn Casserole | Five Heart Home Cranberry Citrus Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans | Delightful E Made Sautéed French Green Beans | Cherished Bliss
Sides & Breads
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie | Cooking with Curls Apple Pie Waffles | Club Narwhal Raspberry Pie | Dessert Now Dinner Later Triple Layer Chocolate Pie | I Should be Mopping the Floor Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie | Lemon Tree Dwelling
No Bake Brown Sugar Cheesecake w/ Spiced Pears | Baking a Moment Nutella Kahlua Truffles | Kleinworth & Co Pumpkin Cupcakes & Maple Cream Cheese Frosting | Cupcake Diaries Cream Filled Coffee Cake | Tastes of Lizzy T Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine | Wine and Glue Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake | Maison De Pax