This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Strawberries are on sale & ridiculously cheap right now, so I have bought a few pounds & am having fun with new recipes. This one is very simple & pure. I have only had lassi once at this Indian restaurant we would go to when the hubby & I were in college (everything good happened in college!) It’s a good drink; I don’t know why I never ordered it again. I am usually a water gal; saving my calories for my food. Anyway, I really can’t get enough sweet drinks right now, so I made this. We had it kind of as a breakfast smoothie with peanut butter toast on the side, but lassi is typically a hot weather refreshment used as a beverage for lunch.
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled & halved (half or quarter them if you have a small blender)
- 2-4 Tbsp honey (I used 2 Tbsp, but you can taste test & if it's tart, add more, but the vanilla yogurt should sweeten it up quite a bit.)
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice, crushed (Use crushed if you have a small blender.)
- Blend the strawberries with the honey & salt in a blender.
- Add greek yogurt & blend
- Repeat with ice & blend again. Serve immediately.