This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Strawberries are on sale & ridiculously cheap right now, so I have bought a few pounds & am having fun with new recipes. This one is very simple & pure. I have only had lassi once at this Indian restaurant we would go to when the hubby & I were in college (everything good happened in college!) It’s a good drink; I don’t know why I never ordered it again. I am usually a water gal; saving my calories for my food.
Anyway, I really can’t get enough sweet drinks right now, so I made this. We had it kind of as a breakfast smoothie with peanut butter toast on the side, but lassi is typically a hot weather refreshment used as a beverage for lunch.
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled & halved (half or quarter them if you have a small blender)
- 2-4 Tbsp honey (I used 2 Tbsp, but you can taste test & if it's tart, add more, but the vanilla yogurt should sweeten it up quite a bit.)
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice, crushed (Use crushed if you have a small blender.)
- Blend the strawberries with the honey & salt in a blender.
- Add greek yogurt & blend
- Repeat with ice & blend again. Serve immediately.
3 Comments on “Strawberry Lassi”
This looks so yummy and perfect for the hot days we’ve been having here. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
Sounds and looks delicious. My daughter loves making smoothie type drinks and she LOVES strawberries 🙂 Thanks for sharing
YUmmy this looks so yummy and fresh.