Chicken Alfredo Roll-ups
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
I found this recipe from pinterest & I was in love with the idea of one of my favorite italian dishes all wound up into a lasagna roll. This dish was very texturally pleasing for me & very flavorful! I had 1 1/2 rolls & was super stuffed. Very filling & savory!
Chicken Alfredo Roll-ups
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning Dressing Mix
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 oz Neufchatel Cream Cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 3 cups mozzarella
- Slow cook chicken breasts with water, bouillon, & italian seasoning in a crockpot on low for 4 hours. Shred chicken & add a little bit of broth to keep moist. Season with oregano, garlic powder & salt. Set aside.
- Heat up a pot of salted water & boil lasagna noodles until al dente. Rinse with cold water. Place a couple of paper towels on a baking sheet & lay the noodles on top of paper towels to absorb excess water. Set aside.
- Make alfredo sauce by melting butter & sautéing garlic for about 30 seconds. Add flour, salt, & pepper, to make a roux. Gradually whisk in milk. Let heat until boiling & thickens slightly. Remove from heat & add cream cheese & grated parmesan. Stir until cheese melts & let stand. Will thicken as it cools slightly.
- Spread a small amount of alfredo sauce in the bottom of a square baking dish. Assemble rolls by spreading a couple tablespoons of alfredo, 1/9 of the chicken, & a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Roll lasagna up & place seam side down into prepared dish. Repeat with remaining lasagna rolls. Once all rolls are in the pan, top them with the remaining alfredo sauce & sprinkle with desired amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350*F for 30-40 minutes or until sauce bubbles & cheese browns.
- *Optional: Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan. The alfredo is thinner when it's hot, & thickens as it cools slightly, so it might be slightly runny if you remove it immediately from the pan when taken straight from the oven.
5 Comments on “Chicken Alfredo Roll-ups”
I made this the other night for my in-laws and it was a HUGE hit! Thanks for the recipe!!
Making this tonight, I saw it on Pinterest but the other Pinner did not have a recipe link, thank you!
Just wanted to let you know you’re being featured on Creative Thursday 🙂
This looks really good! I will have to try them sometime! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you at the next party!
Mmmmmm, I LOVE anything with Alfredo sauce and these look so yummy. Thanks for linking up to Creative Thursday this week.