Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This soup hit the spot! It was everything I wanted it to be! It’s creamy, bold & the chips on top make it absolutely wonderful! I have a weakness for southwest anything: aka having black beans, corn, & cilantro, so this soup hit it right on. It’s really quick to throw together & you can even make it in the slow cooker if you want to. Love, LoVe, LOVE this soup!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce (Mild, Medium, or Hot...pick your heat)
- 1 (10 3/4oz) can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 soup can of water
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (14.5oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Tortilla Chips, to crush on top
- Extra cheese & sour cream, optional
- In a large non-stick stock pot, heat olive oil & add cubed chicken. Season with cumin, garlic powder, & salt. Brown chicken & cook until no longer pink inside.
- Add picante sauce, cream of chicken soup, water, corn, & beans. Stir & bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer & allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat & add sour cream cheese, & cilantro. Stir until melted/incorporated.
- Serve with extra cheese, sour cream, & crushed tortilla chips on top.
*SLOW COOKER - Omit olive oil. Place chicken cubes, spices, picante sauce, cream of chicken soup, water, corn, & beans in crock pot & stir. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or high for 2 to 3 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in sour cream, cheese, & cilantro. Cover & let cook an additional 15 minutes. Serve with crushed tortilla chips.
*FREEZER MEAL - Omit olive oil. Place chicken cubes, spices, picante sauce, cream of chicken soup, water, corn, & beans in a gallon size zip-top bag. Squeeze out excess air and freeze upright on a flat surface (like a cookie sheet.) To make: Empty frozen contents into slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours until chicken is cooked through. Stir in sour cream, cheese, & cilantro. Cover & let cook an additional 15 minutes. Serve with crushed tortilla chips.