This Easy Skillet Lasagna is quick, tasty, and ready in 30 minutes! A family-friendly dinner you can make any night of the week.
This Easy Skillet Lasagna recipe is actually a much better re-do of an older version I tried and published on my blog way back in 2012. We recently made the original recipe, and I was kind of shocked that I published it because it was kind of bland. Maybe because it didn’t have any meat?
Well, I reconfigured some of the ingredients, and made it again because I wanted a simple meal I could make on a crazy-busy weeknight and here it is! MUCH better and super easy.
Instead of broken up pieces of lasagna noodles (which I could never break evenly) I used campanelle noodles for this easy skillet lasagna. They have ruffled edges like lasagna, but much easier to work with for this dish. You could also use bowtie pasta or pretty much any dry pasta you want.
I used a store-bought jar of red pasta sauce, and added extra Italian seasoning, and a packet of Italian dressing mix for extra flavor. It doesn’t hurt that there are three different kinds of cheeses in this easy skillet lasagna too. So yummy! My kids actually eat this, which is saying a lot, because they HATE red sauce. I hope your family loves it too!
Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 8 oz dry pasta (about 2 1/2 cups -- Campanelle, Bowtie, any kind)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 (.6oz) packet Italian dressing mix, dry
- 1 (24oz) jar red pasta sauce
- 1 (16oz) tub cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup + shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta (in salted water) according to directions on package. Drain and set aside. (Toss with olive oil to prevent sticking, if not ready to use right away.)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, breaking meat into small pieces with a spatula/cooking utensil. Strain fat and discard. Return meat to skillet.
- Add minced garlic, Italian seasoning, Italian dressing mix, red pasta sauce, cooked pasta, and cottage cheese. Mix together and stir until bubbling and heated through.
- Top with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Cover with a lid until cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional). Serve hot.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.