These totally irresistible Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are chewy yet tender, and super easy to make!
I’ve got an addiction to peanut butter and chocolate. It’s one of those combinations that is simply “meant to be.” And I’ve made my fair share of recipes featuring the duo, like this no-bake pie, some ultimate peanut butter chocolate cookies, these classic peanut butter blossoms, some sweet & salty peanut butter pretzel bites, and these no bake peanut butter bars … to name a few.
So I figured it was time to put some chocolate in my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. These cookies do lose a little bit of puffiness because of the chocolate chips, but they are still chewy and tender while featuring that delicious peanut butter and chocolate combo we all love.
I plated these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies up for neighbors ASAP because I cannot be trusted with them in my house. Haha. Not only did I snack on the cookie dough before they went in the oven, but I totally had a cookie, or two, or three, when they came out. (Which is why I will never be thin again.)
If you’re looking for soft and delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, then this recipe is for you! Enjoy my friends!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (stir, then spoon into cup, then level)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (12oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment.
- Add the peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well and scrape the bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips to the wet mixture all at once and mix until just incorporated. (*Optional: Save 1/2 cup chocolate chips to put on top of the cookie dough balls -- for looks.)
- Scoop dough onto silicone/parchment lined (or greased) baking sheets. (Optional: Place 3-4 chocolate chips on top of each cookie dough ball -- for looks.) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until just set. Allow cookies to cool slightly on the tray before transferring them to a cooling rack. Store cookies in an airtight container.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.