Chicken Fiesta Bake
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
I am usually excited to share each of my recipes with you all, but with this one I am over the top excited to share with you today! Like the simplicity of the recipe, combined with the beautiful colors & mexican flavors make this dish a winner in my book!
And since this recipe requires an oven, this is the perfect time of year to make it now that things are cooling off. I am seriously in love with this dish! Have I mentioned before that I love mexican flavors? Well, I do, & this hits the spot right on! Just look at how pretty this casserole is!!! Well, I think it’s pretty. Bright, bold & beautiful!
This dish is not all about the looks either. Do you want to know how easy this recipe is? So easy that you throw it all in the dish, top it with chicken & seasonings & throw it in the oven! Talk about the perfect weeknight meal! I will be making this again & again! It makes a lot for our young family of 4, but my husband & I can eat the leftovers for lunch the next day, which I don’t mind at all!!! Love this dish!
Chicken Fiesta Bake
- 1 (16oz) jar medium salsa (I prefer the "fresher" refrigerated salsas)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can corn, undrained
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup of long grain white rice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2-3 chicken breasts, sliced in half width-wise to make 4-6 chicken breasts (I recommend doing 3 breasts cut in half because it's a lot of rice mixture.)
- Cajun or Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup + medium cheddar cheese
- Green onions, diced
- Grease a 9x13" pan with cooking spray. Dump salsa, water, corn, beans, rice, & salt into the pan. Stir together.
- Place chicken breasts on top. Season generously with cajun or taco seasoning.
- Bake at 375*F for 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with cheese & return to oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with freshly chopped green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
41 Comments on “Chicken Fiesta Bake”
Mmmm! This sure got my mouth watering tonight 🙂 I can’t wait to try this one out!!
My husband hates casseroles, but since the chicken is in big pieces still, I don’t think this counts. Mexican is my favorite, so I will be making this! Thanks.
This looks incredible! Pinned!
This looks soooo good! Can’t wait to try it!
This looks great! My family would love this for dinner!
Love how colorful this meal is! This sounds incredible!
K this is going on my dinner menu for the weekend we are having company so I hope they all love it.
This comment has been removed by the author.
This casserole looks so pretty and most casseroles don’t look pretty. Love your photography skills, you might want to teach a class on how you get stellar pictures. This looks delicious!
That looks delicious! Glad my oven is fixed 😉
Yvonne @ TriedandTasty.com