Easy Pizza Crust
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This is my go-to yeast dough recipe. It’s very versatile & I use it for a lot of things. This recipe will yield one, 14-inch thin, crispy pizza crust. If you like it thicker & softer, like a pan crust, go ahead & 1 1/2 times (1.5x) the recipe. Nothing tastes better than homemade pizza!
Easy Pizza Crust
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 Tbsp yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast with sugar in warm water. Let sit until bubbly (5 min.)
- Add extra virgin olive oil, salt & flour to the yeast mixture. Mix with a spoon giving it about 50 good stirs until it balls up & does not stick to the bowl, sprinkling dough with extra flour as necessary. Take dough out of bowl. Spray the inside with pan-coating & put dough back inside the bowl. Cover with a towel & let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Once dough has rested, & risen about double the size, roll out onto prepared pizza tray (grease tray with spray.) Cover with towel & let rest again for 10-15 minutes. The longer you let it rest the softer it will be.
- Preheat oven to 425*F. Bake crust for 5 minutes to create a dry, semi-cooked layer over the top.
- Top pizza with desired sauce, cheese & toppings.
- Return pizza to oven for an additional 11-12 minutes or until crust is browned & cheese bubbles.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Pre-baked crust will puff up a bit & be dry to the touch.