Easy Pizza Crust
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This is my go-to yeast dough recipe. It’s very versatile & I use it for a lot of things. This recipe will yield one, 14-inch thin, crispy pizza crust. If you like it thicker & softer, like a pan crust, go ahead & 1 1/2 times (1.5x) the recipe. Nothing tastes better than homemade pizza!
Pre-baked crust will puff up a bit & be dry to the touch.
Easy Pizza Crust
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 Tbsp yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast with sugar in warm water. Let sit until bubbly (5 min.)
- Add extra virgin olive oil, salt & flour to the yeast mixture. Mix with a spoon giving it about 50 good stirs until it balls up & does not stick to the bowl, sprinkling dough with extra flour as necessary. Take dough out of bowl. Spray the inside with pan-coating & put dough back inside the bowl. Cover with a towel & let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Once dough has rested, & risen about double the size, roll out onto prepared pizza tray (grease tray with spray.) Cover with towel & let rest again for 10-15 minutes. The longer you let it rest the softer it will be.
- Preheat oven to 425*F. Bake crust for 5 minutes to create a dry, semi-cooked layer over the top.
- Top pizza with desired sauce, cheese & toppings.
- Return pizza to oven for an additional 11-12 minutes or until crust is browned & cheese bubbles.
6 Comments on “Easy Pizza Crust”
What type of yeast do you use?
I use SAF Instant Yeast. But really any quick rising yeast will work.
Your blogs and every other content is so entertaining and useful It makes me come back again.
recipes for dinner
We love pizza at our house. Need to try your dough recipe. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
I love making pizza crust and can never seem to have enough recipes to try for it. Thanks for adding to my list 🙂 This looks delicious!
Yummy! Nothing like homemade pizza 🙂