This Copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake is minty, green, and topped with whipped cream! Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
If one thing makes my pregnant self super happy right now, it’s ice cream. I know I shouldn’t go overboard, but sometimes, I just want a cold, smooth shake and this Copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake sure hits the spot!
Vanilla bean ice cream, peppermint extract, and milk combine to create the base. (Add a few drops of green food coloring for fun!)
Top it all off with fresh sweetened whipped cream and a few green sprinkles for a festive touch and you have a fun St. Patrick’s Day treat to make for your kids at home!
You seriously can’t get any easier than that! Plus it’s super yummy!
- 2 cups good quality vanilla bean ice cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- green sugar crystals
- In a blender (I love my Blendtec), blend the ice cream, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring until smooth.
- Pour shake into a tall glass cup.
- Whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks. Place some sweetened whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a tip and pipe a swirl on top. Garnish with sugar crystals.
© DESSERT NOW, DINNER LATER! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe altered from The Slow Roasted Italian