Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies + Video
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with pretzels, caramel bits, and chocolate chips, for a salty-sweet cookie treat.
This post has been in major need of updating, so if you’re coming from Pinterest and the pictures look different, you’re still in the right place! I just updated them. I had only been blogging for one year when this post went live, but these Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies have been a popular one ever since.
Who doesn’t love that salty/sweet combination? I always have my balance of salty and sweet with any meal. I even sneak a salty chip after a sweet breakfast, or a piece of chocolate after a savory lunch or dinner just so I have that equality of flavors in my mouth. But there is just something about putting the sweet and salty two together that makes everyone go crazy.
These Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies are right up there in the salty-sweet category. I love the CHUNKS of pretzels, caramel bits, and chocolate chips. These are no wimpy cookies. They’re thick, chunky, sweet, and salty!
I actually haven’t had these cookies in a while because when you’re always trying new recipes to share, you don’t get to enjoy your old favorites as often, but these are definitely worth making over and over again!
Spruce up the good old chocolate chip cookie with some caramel bits and pretzel pieces. You won’t regret it!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup stick pretzels, broken into thirds
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer, cream butter with sugars. Add vanilla and egg. Incorporate and scrape bowl.
- Combine salt, baking soda, and flour. Gradually add to wet mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fold in broken pretzels, caramel bits, and chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 11-12 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g