Chocolate Cream Pie
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
In one of the bakeries I worked in, we would make these chocolate cream pies. They were so fast & tasted great! It is seriously one of the quickest pies to throw together, especially if you buy a store made crust. I love all things chocolate, so this pie gets gobbled up real quick!
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 (5.85oz) -Family Size Instant Chocolate Pudding & Pie Mix
- 1 1/2 cups COLD skim milk (You are basically going to be using half the amount of the pudding directions, or a cup less than the pie filling directions, it should thicken quickly)
- 1/2 (8oz) tub light cool whip, plus extra for topping
- Chocolate Bar (for shavings on top (decoration))
- Bake pie crust according to directions on package (Mine said to thaw slightly at room temperature, poke holes in crust with a fork & bake at 400*F for 10-12 minutes.) Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate pudding & milk. Let sit for 3-5 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Fold cool whip into the chocolate pudding, until no streaks appear. Scoop into pie crust & smooth over evenly.
- Top with extra cool whip & chocolate shavings (using a vegetable peeler & a high quality chocolate bar to create chocolate shavings. I only had a hershey's bar on hand, so my shavings aren't so nice, but they will be if you use something like a Lindt chocolate bar.)
- *You should be able to serve almost immediately. If you want to, you can refrigerate it for 30min-1hour before serving, but the filling should be thick enough that it doesn't need that time to set up. Enjoy!