Lemon Cream Pie + Video
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Lemon Cream Pie is tangy and sweet with a buttery graham cracker crust. It’s just like key lime pie, but made with lemons, and topped with fresh sweetened whipped cream. A super easy spring or summer dessert, and great alternative to lemon meringue pie.
The inspiration for this lemon pie came from my love of Key Lime Pie. It has the same elements. A buttery graham cracker crust, creamy citrus filling, and real whipped cream topping.
The only thing I had to change was the fruit, from limes to lemons.
I’ve actually made this creamy lemon pie with blueberries before and used Meyer lemons. Which are a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange.
The chunks of blueberries in that pie are tasty too, but I love the simple and smooth richness of this lemon cream pie.
Lemon Cream Pie
This lemon pie is creamy from sweetened condensed milk and tangy with fresh lemon juice and zest. A buttery graham cracker crust and sweetened whipped cream topping are the perfect accompaniment for this spring dessert.
I love lemon curd, but I just don’t love meringue, so lemon meringue pie is a no-go for me. This lemon cream pie, on the other hand is a winner. If you’re a fan of Key Lime Pie, be sure to try this lemon variation.
More Lemon Desserts:
- Lemon Bars – These classic lemon bars are extra tangy, perfectly sweet, and super easy to make. This is the ultimate lemon lovers’ recipe!
- Soft Baked Lemon Cookies – These lemon cookies are soft baked and have plenty of lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon extract throughout for a delicious lemon treat!
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pie – has layers of no-bake cheesecake and an easy microwave lemon curd inside of a vanilla wafer crust. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
- Lemon Crumb Bars – have a lightly sweet and buttery cookie base that doubles as the crumb topping, and an easy creamy lemon filling in the center. A delicious bar dessert that is a great substitute for pie.
Lemon Cream Pie
Lemon Cream Pie is tangy and sweet with a buttery graham cracker crust. It's just like key lime pie, but made with lemons, and topped with fresh sweetened whipped cream.
- 12 graham crackers (full sheets*)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 (14oz) cans sweetened condensed milk (can use original or fat-free)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, crush graham crackers until they resemble fine crumbs. Add sugar and combine. Melt butter in microwave. Add to crumb mixture and mix until all crumbs are wet. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a standard 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake crust at 350˚F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare filling while crust bakes. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pour into hot crust and bake an additional 10-12 minutes, until filling is solid when jiggled in the pan.
- Cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate 3 hours, or until chilled.
- Whisk heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Dollop or pipe onto top of pie before serving.
- A full sheet of graham cracker includes four smaller rectangles inside of one large rectangle.
- You will need 4-5 fresh lemons for this recipe.
- Cover and store pie in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
13 Comments on “Lemon Cream Pie + Video”
Made this today. Not only is it easy, it’s delicious! I love that it’s so much like key lime pie. I’m not a meringue fan either. So it’s perfect for me.
Yay! Glad you enjoyed it Kim! Thanks for taking the time to comment.
Awesome recipe. I made this for my dads Fathers day celebration and he loved it. I made a slight change with the whipped topping, I only used 1/8 of a cup of powdered sugar. I wi definitely make this for future celebrations.
I’m so glad you all enjoyed this pie Katherine. Thanks for your comment!
I made this yesterday and it is amazing! It definitely has the key lime vibe but with lemons and so creamy! I will be making this one again and again!!! So easy, quick and delicious!
I’m so glad you enjoyed this pie Rebecca! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the recipe.
I made this pie and it came out amazing!
I am considering using the same for banana cream pie, what do you think?
I’m so glad you liked this pie. I’m not sure this recipe exactly would work for banana cream pie because the acid from the lemon helps thicken the sweetened condensed milk, but I do have a great banana cream pie recipe that also uses sweetened condensed milk: https://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com/caramel-banana-cream-pie/
This recipe looks delicious. Can I use this recipe without the eggs? I made a Key Lime pie with an almost exact recipe to this one minus the eggs and it came out wonderful. Just wondering if this lemon pie would set up the same if I also leave out the eggs! Thank you!
I have always used the eggs, but you can feel free to experiment if the recipes are very similar. I just can’t say for sure how it will turn out.
This looks so delicious. As soon as I’m able to get my hands on some lemons I’ll be making this for my husband. He loves anything lemon!
He will love this then! Enjoy!
I’m so excited to try this recipe! I love lemon desserts! I found your website this year and I’m a huge fan of your desserts! Amazing and simple! Thank you!