Soft Baked Lemon Cookies (+ Video)
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
These lemon cookies are soft baked and have plenty of lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon extract throughout for a delicious lemon treat!
Y’all know I’m addicted to all things citrus. I’ve forgone my lime addiction for now, and switched over to lemons and let me tell you, these lemon cookies are simple and even “plain” looking, but that says nothing about how they burst with lemon flavor!
I’ve covered all the lemon flavors that I could: zest, juice, AND extract! It creates one bright, lemony cookie!
And don’t even get me started on how soft these cookies are! Thick, chewy, soft, lemony goodness! I’m ready to make them in lime too! MMM!!!
- 10 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of 2 lemons (about 1 Tbsp lemon zest)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure lemon extract
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Add the egg, egg yolk, lemon juice, lemon extract, and yellow food coloring. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until incorporated, scraping the bowl as necessary.
- Scoop 1½ Tbsp sized cookie dough balls and roll them in a bowl with ¼ cup powdered sugar. Place cookies on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 9 to 10 minutes. Store cookies in an airtight container or plastic bag up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g