Creamy Lemon and Blueberry Pie (+ More Pies To Celebrate Pi Day!)
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Just like key lime pie, this creamy lemon and blueberry pie has a buttery graham cracker crust and a zesty (Meyer lemon) citrus cream filling, with the added bonus of plump blueberries. Top it with fresh whipped cream and you’ve got a delicious fruity dessert!
It’s time to celebrate another food holiday! Today is famously known as “Pi Day” (3.14) and a LOT of people celebrate by making pies. Well, this is an EASY one that you MUST add to your “make soon” list! If you love citrus desserts as much as I do, and you’re a lover of key lime pie, then this is the dessert for you!
When I first was trying to create a yummy pie recipe, I wanted to do something with lemon and raspberries so badly, but believe it or not, I went to two stores and they were both out of raspberries. Are raspberries a hot commodity right now? Apparently. So we went with my husband’s favorite: blueberries. The results are this stunning and delicious Creamy Lemon and Blueberry Pie.
Another reason I was so excited to make this Creamy Lemon and Blueberry Pie is because it was my first time trying Meyer lemons. I saw them at the store and grabbed them right away for this recipe! If you don’t know what Meyer lemons are, they are a cross between a lemon and either a mandarin or regular orange. They aren’t quite as sour as a regular lemon, and they are deep orange-yellow color. So pretty!
So what I did, was take my favorite lime pie recipe, swapped lemons in place of limes, and added fresh blueberries to create this Creamy Lemon and Blueberry Pie. My 6 year old son ate half of this pie himself. He couldn’t get enough! It’s a great citrusy spring dessert if you’re looking for something new to try for Easter or just for fun, because pie is delicious any day, any time. 😉
Happy Pi Day! What’s your favorite pie?
Creamy Lemon and Blueberry Pie
Just like key lime pie, this creamy lemon and blueberry pie has a graham cracker crust, a zesty (Meyer lemon) citrus cream filling, and the added bonus of plump blueberries. Top it with fresh whipped cream and you've got a delicious fruity dessert!
- 12 rectangular honey graham crackers (about 1 & 1/3 sleeves)
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 4 to 5 lemons - I used Meyer lemons, but regular are fine)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a food processor, crush graham crackers until they resemble fine crumbs. Melt butter and add to crumbs. Press evenly in the bottom of a pie dish. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, while the crust is baking, combine the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolk, salt, lemon zest and lemon juice with a whisk until smooth and thick. Toss the blueberries with the flour in a separate bowl until fully coated. Discard any excess flour. (This helps the blueberries not sink to the bottom of the pie.) Fold the flour coated blueberries into the creamy lemon mixture, then pour it into the hot crust & bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes until the filling is solid when jiggled in the pan.
- Let cool completely. Keep refrigerated. Serve with fresh whipped cream (1 cup of whipped cream with ½ cup powdered sugar.)
- *This recipe can be used for pie bars as well. Just press the crust into a square baking dish and follow the rest of the steps as usual.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and is an estimation only.
Creamy Lemon and Blueberry Pie // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Pecan Hand Pies // Tried and Tasty
Lemon Pie Bars // One Sweet Appetite
No Bake Chocolate Mint Oreo Pie // Life Made Sweeter
Irish Cream Pie // Sugar & Soul
No Bake Strawberry Lemon Cream Pie // A Kitchen Addiction
Samoa Pie // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Mile High Fudge Brownie Pie // A Dash of Sanity
Cherry Pie Bars // Cupcake Diaries
Caramel Banana Cream Pie // Like Mother Like Daughter
Coconut Cream Pie // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie // The Love Nerds
16 Comments on “Creamy Lemon and Blueberry Pie (+ More Pies To Celebrate Pi Day!)”
Approximately how many ounces of graham cracker crumbs should I be using?
According to google, 1 graham cracker is .5oz, so 12 graham crackers should be 6oz.
can i make this with frozen berries? if so should i defrost them first or am i ok to flour them and carry on? frozen berries are so much cheaper in my area.
I would rinse them until the water runs clear, then toss them in flour. Good luck!
I love blueberry and lemon together. This pie looks just scrumptious!
Thanks Aimee! We do too!
Am I missing something here? Where are the blueberries???
Oh my goodness! I totally spaced it! I just added them to the recipe! Sorry about that! All fixed. 🙂
Thanks! It was late when I was reading this and I thought my foggy brain might have missed it! LOL!
These pictures are dreamy. I love the blueberry lemon combo and cannot wait to try this recipe.
Thanks Jess! My little boy wouldn’t stop eating this pie! It’s a good one!
This pie looks gorgeous, Amber! I LOVE the Meyer lemons in here! They are my favorite especially with blueberries! I wish I could reach in and grab that plate 🙂
What a gorgeous pie, Amber! Blueberry lemon is one of my favorite combinations!
Thanks Jessica! It is a great combo!
I’d especially love your pie, it has a graham cracker crust – MY FAV!!! Looks delicious!
Haha! I know you love graham cracker and hate the regular stuff. One day you’ll come around. 🙂 So glad you like my pie!