Since peach season is here (and almost over) in Utah I thought it only fitting to make a peach pie. Now, if you read my post for Blueberry Crumb Bars, you know how I think it’s a tragedy to use fresh fruit in desserts. I just love fresh fruit for snacking and typically gobble it up before it gets used in a dessert recipe, so this recipe actually uses frozen peaches, but fresh are fine too, which works well since they are in season.
One of my favorite things to do with fruit pies, is to put streusel on top. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE pie crust, but a crunchy streusel is just as delicious to me! It’s like putting granola on top of my fruit and yogurt. So good!
This recipe is great for the summer or holidays because the cinnamon makes it homey and scrumptious! And I could totally eat pie any day of the week, because it’s one of my favorite desserts! I hope you get the chance to try this peach pie sometime soon!
- 1/2 recipe Perfect Pie Crust (link in instructions below)
- 4 to 5 cups of sliced peaches, or 24oz frozen slices
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter, cold
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, toss the peach slices in the sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Pour peaches and any liquid into the pie crust.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the ingredients for the streusel and mix with a fork, pastry blender, or your hands, until it comes together and is crumbly, not dry. Sprinkle streusel over the peaches.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown and peach filling is bubbly in the center. Cool completely and then cut and serve.