Strawberries & Cream Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Before you stick your nose up & think, “That’s just a strawberry cupcake!” Think again! I make this recipe EVERY year for valentines day.
You can even buy the heart shaped pans & do a double layer heart cake for your lover. My hubby freaks out if I haven’t bought the ingredients for this cake as February rolls around.
This cake is so moist, so fruity & matched with the cream cheese frosting speckled of strawberries, it’s a match made in heaven! Try to eat just one of these! I dare you! Great for parties or kids’ valentine’s treats as well.
- 1 box Pillsbury White Cake Mix
- 3 oz box strawberry gelatin dessert
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 (16oz) pkg frozen whole strawberries, pureed (save 2 Tbsp for frosting)
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
Strawberries & Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz pkg Neufchatel Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp frozen whole strawberries, pureed
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- For cake: Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with a hand blender for 2 minutes on medium speed. Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full of batter; do not overfill. Bake at 350*F for 25-30 min or until they spring back when touched. (** If making two 8" or 9" rounds, bake for 35 min, if doing a large 9x13 pan, bake 45 min)
- For frosting: Whip cream cheese with butter until all lumps are gone & it's nice & creamy. Add strawberry puree until just combined (it's a small amount to give it a slight pink hugh.) Add powdered sugar all at once & blend until just combined. Do not overmix. Keep in fridge until ready to frost cooled cupcakes.
- When cupcakes are cooled, pipe frosting & sprinkle with sugar crystals or garnish with a sliced strawberry. Keep refrigerated.